Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Townhall Healthcare Screamfests.

"Why the hostility?"
-Steve Simms, Nashville Evangelical Examiner

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man. I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time... and I think it's bubbled up to the surface, because of a belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country... I think it's based on racism. There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president."
-Jimmy Carter